Paraffin wax filtration
Paraffin is used as a final product for example for the production of candles, as well as an intermediate for further production, e.g. in the cosmetics industry where it needs to meet high-quality requirements. One of the production stages is the bleaching of paraffin wax using bleaching earth.
The task is to remove bleaching clay particles and other solid impurities from the paraffin after the bleaching process.
One of the methods of purifying paraffin is filtration. Filtration Group Process Systems – amafilter-LFC Lochem use a VERSIS type pressure leaf filter to filter the bleached paraffin. The heart of the filter are the filter leaves on which the process takes place. The filtration surface area is a function of the number of filter leaves housed in the vessel. In addition, to achieve even better quality of filtered paraffin, the second stage, polishing filtration is carried out using an AF type bag filter. The AF bag filter is also produced by Filtration Group Process System- amafilter-FLC Lochem. We offer a wide range of filtration bags. A properly selected filter bag adds the finishing touch to achieve the best final result – high quality paraffin.
Most of the leading domestic paraffin and candle manufacturers have replaced their antiquated, high maintenance filter press with amafilter-LFC Lochem VERSIS type pressure leaf filters. Often, as the second stage of filtration, they use bag filters for polishing filtration. The experience and technical consultancy of Filtration Group Process Systems-amafilter-LFC Lochem engineers allows the optimum selection of filtration equipment tailored to customer needs. We also offer the automation of installed filters.
The advantages of using the VERSIS plate type pressure filter
- excellent quality of paraffin after filtration – paraffin is clean and clear
- completely enclosed filtration cycle, reducing raw material losses
- Complete automation of filter operation, and hence reduction of labor costs
- the filter cleaning is carried out dry, limiting the loss of raw material and
- maximizing the utilization of the bleaching earth
- saving the energy necessary to operate the filter
- a small footprint necessary for filter installation
Talk to our filtration experts