The Cricketfilter is a pressure filter with a large specific filtration area due to the filter elements shape. These unique shape provides an up to 40% higher filtration area. The filter volume ratio is better than with round shaped filter cartridges. Our innovative Cricketfilter is well known for e.g. Edible Oil, Gelatin, Cocoa and Sugar filtration, Oleo Chemical, Mining applications, Metal plating bath filtering and Amine cleaning in the Oil & Gas market.
The Cricketfilter is used for direct filtration and for precoat/ bodyaid filtration. Direct filtration is often possible because of the use of filter cloths. In some applications no precoat is needed. This results in even more economical filtration. During precoat / body-aid filtration the Cricketfilter is first precoated with a suitable filter aid. During filtration some filter aid may be added into the feed to keep a high filtration capacity during a long cycle time. At the end of the filtration cycle the filter cake is dried with air or gas and then back pulsed. The filter cake is discharged through a large bottom valve.
The Cricketfilter, which can be fully automated, produces a high filtrate clarity. Elements are mounted on internal filtrate manifolds.Cake release by backpulsing with air is done for manifolds individually, which results in an effective backpulse. no extra liquid is needed. during the short regeneration time the filter medium is cleaned intensively. The filter element spacing and the filter cloth are selected to suit the filtration needs of the application. The filters are as standard equipped with a cover lift assembly. The Cricketfilter itself has no rotating parts, keeping maintenance to a minimum.
Cricketfilter vs Pressure Leaf Filter
The Cricketfilter® combines the advantages of pressure leaf filters and candle filters and avoids the drawbacks of both systems.
- Higher Filtration velocities possible
- Easy dry cake discharge possible through backblowing
- Less liquid is wasted in wet discharging processes
- Flexible use in various applications
- Dry or wet cake discharge
- Variable filter sizes (foot print area) and element spacing
- Large filtration area in small tank volume
- High liquid throughput (up to 10 m³/m²h) without cake erosion
- Wide range of applications
- High filtrate clarity
- Short regeneration times
- Continuous filtration possible with multiple filter systems
- Optimized hydrodynamics
- Cake washing possible
Dry Cake Discharge
Cricketfilters with dry cake discharge are used e.g. for the filtration of activated carbon or animal fat. These systems create the least product waste (residual liquid content can be reduced to 20 % for specific applications). Cricketfilters with dry cake discharge can also be used, when the solids are the product and the customer wants it as pure as possible (washing is an option). the big valve at the bottom guarantees a proper discharge of the dried cake.
Wet Cake Discharge
Cricketfilters with wet cake discharge are perfectly suitable for applications where either the cake formation is too low for dry discharge, the disposal is cheap (regeneration for wet discharge is shorter) or the product needs to be transportable by pump. As no bottom valve needs to be installed the wet cake discharge filter it the easiest layout of the Cricketfilter.
The Cricketfilter can also be used as thickening system, if a higher concentration of a product is required. these thickening applications can be found e.g. infront of other filter systems. The Cricketfilter Thickening system can also be used to replace conventional equipment The cone is specially designed for easier and faster sedimentation.
Cricketfilter® with Septum Plate
Filtration Group Cricketfilters are based on the current leading technology for cake filtration. The new developed septum plate range unifies the advantages of PTS polish and Cricketfilters.
By using the standard type I Cricket element with 1500 mm length, proven drain and top cloths can be used. The range is an excellent solution for processes where space is limited, high flows are combined with limited amounts of solids or for limited flows. Also this range is the answer for most processes where a polish filter is needed.
No internal manifolds, therefore no spray nozzle or height indication needed. This results in a lower investment and less maintanance.
- Side outlet, ensuring a completely drainable septum
- Improve safety by reducing the use of bag filters
- The risk when opening bag filter housings is eliminated.
- Space saving through an excellent surface / volume ratio because of unique Cricket element design.
- Improved cloth mounting thanks to use of the proven Cricket type I element construction.
- Easy to connect several filters, saving space and investment.
- Easy to automate, therefore low maintenance required.
- Very high cleanability due to less internal parts.
The Cricketfilter® element
- Unique, patented filter elements on internal filtrate manifolds
- Small internal volume
- Cake release with minimum back wash liquid
- No solids are disposed in the filter element
- Wide choice of many different filter media (1-80 µm)
- Intensive cleaning of the filter medium possible
- FDA/EU/bSE/TSE declarations available
New Optimized Cricketfilter® element (2018)
We’ve optimized our Cricketfilter® element in 2018. A new welding process and a new, 3 part design, with more punctured holes results in improvements in your filtration processes.
The higher punctured holes ensures a better cleanability during Cleaning In Place (CIP), especially for food applications.
The new Cricketfilter® element is designed with 3 instead of 5 parts. We were able to reduce welding, this ensures an even smoother surface than the earlier design. This makes the Cricketfilter® element more resistant against contamination such as corrosion in the chemical market or bacteria in the food market.
Thanks to a new welding process our new Cricketfilter® element has much more accurate dimensional tolerancies. More constant measurements reduce mounting time of cloth.
The “roof top” design has changed to a fluent design which is a big improvement when avoiding accumulation of solids.
Need help? We are here for you.
No query is too small for our dedicated customer service team.
Feel free to phone us or to use our easy contact form. Contact us today for a quick answer.